Retirement and Career Coaching
Looking for career coaching or retirement coaching in the Baltimore Maryland area?
Scientific studies show that two of the three most important factors contributing to your greater HAPPINESS are meaning and purpose in your life. Whether you have a career, a part time job, are fully retired or do volunteer work, how you feel about what you do is essential to your overall well being.
If you have decided that you want to make a change, but are stuck where you are, as a career and retirement coach I can help you find and build upon your strengths to make positive choices in your career and retirement. Together, we will design a career or retirement coaching plan to create lasting happiness in your life.
Planning Retirement, Already Retired
There are many challenges that arise when planning retirement, as well as after your retirement has begun. One, or more, of the following may be where you’re stuck?
- You have an idea of how you want to spend your retirement, but just can’t seem to plan it. It’s overwhelming and sometimes it’s frightening.
- You want to retire or have already retired and you need to supplement your income with a part-time job. You want that job to be meaningful to you.
- You are retired and have had a lot of fun (golf, tennis, travel, fishing, sailing) for a few years, but now what?
- You just like to work. You don’t want the same work as you’ve had for years, but don’t know what else you can do.
- You’ve never liked changes, and especially don’t like this one because you’re healthy, energetic and the category of “retired” doesn’t fit you.
- You have friends at work and want to have a social life.
- You would like to move to another location, but your family wants you to stay where you are.
- You want to move closer to your children in another location, but don’t know what you’ll do with most of your time.
As a career coach and retirement coach I will help you get “unstuck”, focus on your strengths and move through the TRANSITIONS toward the next 20, 30 or even 40 years of meaning and purpose in your life.
Career Change, Entering or Re-entering the Job Market
Studies show that feeling our work is a “calling” rather than “a job” is a key to our HAPPINESS. However, many Americans do not enjoy their work, according to studies, much less feel their work is a calling. Some of us are in careers chosen a long time ago and that just do not fit us now. Some of us are working in careers that pay well, therefore, we can have more material things, but the lift we get from another material thing does not make us happy for long, so we get another material thing. We know we want a change in these situations, but the TRANSITION can be overwhelming and get us stuck in place. This is where I can help you.
If you want to change careers, are entering or re-entering the job market, or want to know more about what will make you happier, I will help you identify and build upon your strengths. Together we will design a plan to bring you greater satisfaction in your work and meaning and purpose to your life.